Rutland Community Clinic
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Annual Salary: $177,639
Status: Full and Part-time available
Location: Rutland Community Clinic, Kelowna BC
Schedule: Monday – Friday, based on patient care needs
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Clinic Manager/Clinical Coordinator
Rutland Community Clinic is governed by the Okanagan Community Health Society (OCHS), a non-profit Society consisting of community members. Our mission is to provide accessible primary care services to underserved communities and to support Women’s Health in Rutland. We believe in inclusivity, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, safety, adaptability, connection, and striving for change. As a Team member, you will play a vital role in promoting these values and making a positive impact on the lives of individuals in this diverse community.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides longitudinal primary care for clients from diverse backgrounds within the underserved populations in the Rutland area.
2. Practices with a trauma-informed, culturally sensitive and holistic approach.
3. Completes a comprehensive and focused health assessment of the physiological, psychological, emotional, spiritual, ethnic and socio-cultural needs of the client and family unit.
4. Plans, implements, and evaluates care and interventions emphasizing person-centered, holistic care. Coordinates and collaborates with the interprofessional care team.
5. Promotes wellness through health counselling to clients/families/care givers including education, self-management and monitoring, wellness/health promotion/prevention.
6. Seeks out ways to improve client and community health outcomes through advocacy, teaching and resourcing.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
One year recent related clinical nursing experience in the assigned practice area, including experience developing and providing formal education to clients, families, the general public, and other health care professionals; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current CPR- Basic Life Support required.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Applicants, please submit résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org